LOCATION : Chicago, Illinois Date Posted: 1/20/2021
Contact: please apply here or email Carolyn Luther, DVM at Carolyn.Luther@MedVet.com
MedVet Chicago is seeking a Sports Medicine and Rehab specialist or an experienced Rehab Veterinarian (DVM with CCRP/CCRT and also CVA) to join our well-established rehab department.
The rehab department is led by a DACVSMR, CCRP, CVA and is supported by both internal referrals (13 other specialty services including 5 surgeons and 3 neurologists) and a strong outpatient case load. The highly skilled rehab team consists of a CCRP and 6 additional therapists.
For your patients you will be able to offer:
- Hyperbaric chamber coming soon!
- Large gym, Fitpaws, (Ramp/Stair module coming soon)
- Dedicated acupuncture rooms
- 2 underwater treadmills
- Land treadmill
- 2 stance analyzers
- Shock wave (PiezoWave)
- Laser, PEMF, TENS, NMES
- Therapeutic ultrasound
Who you are: The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment with a diverse caseload and enjoys collaborating with other specialists for best possible patient outcomes. It is important to be team oriented and dedicated to excellent communication with fellow colleagues, clients, and the referral community.
MedVet Chicago is the largest privately owned specialty hospital in the country, in 2019 we moved into our completely new 65,000 sq. ft hospital. We have doctors from 14 different specialties and are the only VECCS certified Level 1 Trauma Center in the greater Chicago area. There is a ZN reference laboratory in the building with a clinical pathologist on site. For a virtual tour of MedVet Chicago, click here.
- Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian owned and veterinarian led multispecialty and emergency organizations in the country.
- Each of our doctors is eligible to become a shareholder- a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet hospitals across the country.
- We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in emergency and specialty healthcare for pets.
- Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization and allow us to deliver true collaborative care and an exceptional experience for patients, clients, referral partners and employees.
- Opportunities for advancement and leadership are available for both you and your support team.
- MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life, 401K, MedVet paid long term disability and a great signing bonus.
- Discretionary funds and PLIT coverage are also provided for full-time team members.
To submit a confidential CV for any doctor position, please apply here or email Carolyn Luther, DVM at Carolyn.Luther@MedVet.com .
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!